Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Develop Healthy Eating Habits


Last time I opened the door of the fridge I was really hungry and became really frustrated to discover that all my health food has gradually disappeared and I was left with some ketchup, an egg and an ice-cold water container. Since I come from a family that has always been stacking the fridge with food that one could not consider as healthy, when I moved to my own place, I decided to develop healthy eating habits and forget my past sins. But adapting to my new healthy eating habits was not as easy as I first thought. Soon I missed late night orders of huge pizzas, ice-cream and swest beverages like sodas and milkshakes. But even if my craving were driving me crazy at the beginning, I managed to keep myself in shape and not surrender to the voice inside my stomach that screamed "feed me now." Thus, after successfully sticking to my own word and fulfilling the promise to myself, I am ready to share my wisdom with the rest of the world.

Developing healthy eating habits should not be a miserable ordeal. Unfortunately, most of us are always on the run, rushing to get somewhere, or to successfully have something completed on time. In the meantime we forget to stop and think of our stomachs that complain for letting them starve and thus, when we return home exhausted they usually take their revenge. In those difficult times we put in our mouths whatever is easier prepared or delivered faster, forgetting to consume foods with less calories, saturated fat, sugar, and salt. When this happens, we end up gaining weight and increasing our chances of acquiring various illnesses such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.

For those reasons, learning to eat healthy should begin from an early age in a person’s life. But even if you were not fortunate enough to be properly food educate, like myself, it is never too late to alter your dietary habits and begin eating the quantities of food you should at the time you should consume them.

Begin by adding a meal you most probably have been avoiding all this time, due to lack of available time. Set your alarm clock twenty minutes earlier than usual and begin eating breakfast. If this sounds like too much of a sacrifice for just a worthless meal, you should better think again. Breakfast is considered according to all dieticians as the most important meal of the day, since it changes your metabolism back to normal stages and helps you feel less hungry as the day progresses. Then you should add a light lunch and eat a balanced dinner not later than three hours before your night sleep. Generally try to avoid caffeine and drink plenty of water instead. If coffee is the only way you can wake up in the morning, it is best if you limit the quantity to one cup a day.

Finally, add fresh fruits and plenty of green vegetables to your diet. Both will help you visit the bathroom on a regular basis and will give you the necessary energy kick you need to cope with your usual daily routine. Remember to follow the advice listed here and you will soon experience the outcomes of developing a healthy nutritional plan as you will feel less tired and much more energetic every single day of the week

0 comments:



Post a Comment