Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Among EU countries, Spain registered 44 cases and Great Britain 18. In Germany, another two cases were conformed on Sunday, raising the number of cases to 8. New cases sprang in Austria and Hong Kong.
Other confirmed cases:
Columbia - 1 case
South Korea - 1 case
Costa Rica - 4
Denmark - 1
France - 2
Israel - 4
Ireland - 1
Italy - 2
New Zealand - 4
Salvador - 2
Switzerland - 1
Netherlands - 1
Moreover, all countries are investigating possible swine flu cases. In Romania 33 people returning from countries were confirmed not to have contacted the virus. Romania's Health ministry decided that, started Saturday, it will set up a permanent information service. Plus, a public information campaign will be launched, to inform the population on the way it can prevent contacting the virus and what are the symptoms.
Last week, Russian President Dmitri Medvedev signed an agreement qualifying Russia to have complete control over the de facto borders of the Georgian separatist regions - Abkhazia and South Ossetia with Georgia for five years.
NATO exercises in the area come nine months after the war between Georgia and Russia. Some 1000 soldiers will be deployed in the region for the military exercises for three weeks.
Labor minister Marian Sarbu declared that an agreement contract on 10 points was signed. He added that the government did its duty. Union representatives declared that the agreement stands as long as the government will keep up the promises.
The agreement foresees three essential points: a 6% of GDP budget for Education, the laws on salaries and on decentralization, union representative Liviu Pop declared. Education minister Ecaterina Andronescu declared that in a discussion with PM Emil Boc he agreed to assume the agreement and the document will be cosigned by the Prime Minister.
Andronescu added that dialogue can solve everything unlike confrontation. At his turn, Sarbu said that there will be no lay offs in education. Two days ago professors decided to give up protests as negotiations with government officials were undergoing.
He declared that he urges the President's resignation and dismiss the government he control, equally guilty for the promulgation of the law. Moreover, He declared that his declaration is sustained by the Liberal Party.
On Monday, Basescu declared that he will share the guilt, together with the political class of that law and explained that at the time, Romania's economy was not affected by the crisis. Basescu underlined that he would have been legally compelled to pass the law eventually.
Like previous years, commercial companies are the first in the top, registering a 49.85% increase in the number of bankruptcies compared to the previous year. Thus, last year, 3553 companies started official bankruptcy procedures.
Moreover, the constructions sector was the most affected in 2008, with a 56.28% increase in bankruptcy cases compared to 2007. In Romania, this was the first sector affected by the crisis, due to the real estate market blockage and the banks' decision to stop credits.
In transports, data confirms the same trend: the sector was highly affected by the economic crisis as international demands dropped significantly. In 2008, there were 811 bankruptcy cases in the sector, representing a 12.71% increase to last year.
Here are the most important declarations:
* At this point, we can certify that Romania received a loan from both the IMF and the European Commission
* The IMF agreement was approved on May 4 and the European Commission report was validated today through an official letter from the Commission
* The 13 billion euro from the IMF are destined for the Central Bank. We will try to maintain a balanced Leu-Euro exchange rate and the second objective is to relaunch the economy and thus credits.
* I want to express my gratitude to the professors for giving up protests, in the interest of the pupils.
In Europe, most cases were registered in Spain with 57 cases, Great Britain 27, Germany 9, Italy 5, France 4 and Austria, Denmark, Ireland, Netherlands, Portugal and Switzerland, just 1. In Israel, 4 swine flu cases were confirmed.
Moreover, New Zealand registered 6 cases, South Korea and El Salvador 2 and China, Hong Kong, Columbia, Costa Rica and Guatemala 1 case in each.
WHO underlined that the virus is no transmitted through processed meat or pork made products. The toll of cases increased from 1,124 cases on Tuesday.
Included in this release: Introducing the 1.6.0 Beta
What is DestroyTwitter?
DestroyTwitter is a compact though robust Twitter application built to run on Mac, Windows, and Linux using Adobe AIR. It consists of a series of canvases that constantly update to keep tweets up-to-date using notifications that appear when a new tweet arrives. DestroyTwitter uses a minimal amount of memory compared to its AIR-based alternatives without sacrificing functionality and performance. As a result, it can easily run in the background as an automated process.
About the Developer
Jonnie Hallman is a designer and programmer based in Baltimore. He develops applications for fun between work and school. DestroyTwitter is his thesis.
DestroyTwitter opens with a login screen where the user's username and password are entered to access the application.
The main navigation in DestroyTwitter consists of two bars on the top and bottom of the window.
The Compositions are used for all outgoing communication. Each has its own attachment if any, but all have the standard components and actions. These include a character counter, URL shortener using is.gd, TwitPic integration, and drag and drop TwitPic.
There is a growing list of preferences in DestroyTwitter, giving users a lot of flexibility. The preferences are divided by section to keep things organized and improve readability.
- With a tweet selected, r replies
- With a tweet selected, t retweets
- With a tweet selected, s saves/unsaves
- With a tweet selected, m messages the sender
- With a tweet selected, u navigates to the sender's profile
- With a tweet selected, i adds the sender to the Include list
- With a tweet selected, e adds the sender to the Exclude list
- With a tweet selected, → opens the Dialogue panel
- With a tweet selected, ← closes the Dialogue panel
- With a tweet selected, up and down select the previous/next tweet
- Shift+up/down and Page up/down scroll to the previous/next group of tweets
- Home and End scroll to the top and bottom
- Cmd+K (Mac) / Ctrl+K (PC) marks all tweets as read
- Cmd+Shift+K (Mac) / Ctrl+Shift+K (PC) marks all canvases as read
- Cmd+T (Mac) / Ctrl+T (PC) toggles the Tweet panel
- Cmd+R (Mac) / Ctrl+R (PC) refreshes the current canvas
- Cmd+Opt+A (Mac) / Ctrl+Alt+A (PC) sets the Home canvas to All
- Cmd+Opt+I (Mac) / Ctrl+Alt+I (PC) sets the Home canvas to Include
- Cmd+Opt+E (Mac) / Ctrl+Alt+E (PC) sets the Home canvas to Exclude
- Cmd+Opt+L (Mac) / Ctrl+Alt+L (PC) sets the Home canvas to Links
- Cmd+Shift+I (Mac) / Ctrl+Shift+I (PC) prompts the Quick Friend Lookup for the Include list while in the Preferences canvas
- Cmd+Shift+E (Mac) / Ctrl+Shift+E (PC) prompts the Quick Friend Lookup for the Exclude list while in the Preferences canvas
TwitPic is available in all compositions and it can be prompted in two way—the twitpic button at the bottom left of the composition or drag and drop.
Away Mode pauses all tweet canvases in case the user needs to step away from the computer without it continuing to update. It can also be used to disable notifications in a single click without navigating to the Preferences canvas.