Romanian director Corneliu Porumboiu’s international success “A fost sau n-a fost?” (12:08 East of Bucharest” received the award for Best Romanian Film in the Gopo Awards, the local version of the Oscars, on Monday night.
The Gopo Awards Gala also awarded Porumboiu and his original comedy-drama - a look back on the 1989 revolution - for best screenplay and best director.
The Gopo Awards, not at their first edition, were hosted at the Bragadiru Palace in Bucharest and broadcast live on the public television.
Romanian director Lucian Pintilie received a trophy for his entire career in film making. And “12:08 East of Bucharest” was crowned one more time - for best actor in a leading role, Ion Savdaru.
• Dorotheea Petre - best actress in a leading role - “Ryna”
• Cornel Mihalache - best documentary - “Hobita, coloana si tractorul”
• Monica Raduta - best costumes - “Cum mi-am petrecut sfarsitul lumii” (The Way I Spent the End of the World”
• Catalina Murgea - best actress in a supporting role - “Legaturi Bolnavicioase” (Love Sick)
• Dragos Stanomir - best sound - “Hartia va fi albastra (The Paper Will Be Blue)
• Alexandru Balanescu - best original soundtrack - The Way I Spent the End of the World
Marius Panduru - best cinematography - Ryna
HotNews.ro, Mar 27, 2007